We all do our bit day to day to try and protect our environment, whether this be recycling paper in the office, cycling to work, and leaving the car at home or simply re-using that carrier bag when going to the shops. But how often do we sit back, appreciate, and celebrate the beautiful nature on this precious planet? Saturday 5th June 2021, World Environment Day is encouraging you to do just that, to go outside, admire the view, breathe the fresh air, and show that you’re #WithNature
World Environment Day is a worldwide event that is recognised by millions of people in over 100 countries. It aims to encourage worldwide environmental awareness and celebrations include thousands of outdoor events such as hikes, picnics, neighbourhood clean ups and replanting forests, all of which can be done with the current lockdown rules!
We have to remember that in order to conserve our environment, we need action that stretches far beyond just one day. It’s essential that we make environmental awareness an active part of our lives and educate others on its importance too.
Here are some tips on what you can do every day to help protect the environment:
- Only print documents when necessary to help prevent trees being cut down for paper; use online options wherever possible
- Take reusable shopping bags to the shops instead of buying plastic ones each time
- Recycle household waste as much as you can
- Join in on any environmental activities in your area such as clean ups
- Plant a tree in your garden or community to show your commitment to the environment
What will you be doing to help protect the environment? Any other ideas? Let us know in the comments section below.